See all our upcoming adult programs on our Event Calendar.
Book Discussion Group
An ongoing book discussion group will meet the second Monday of every month at 7-8 pm in the Vermont Room. The group is entirely volunteer-led and is always open to the public. The library will provide copies of the selected titles for the group. Check the event calendar to find out which book the group will be reading. Please contact Devin Schrock, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning to attend so we know how many books to request! The library provides multiple copies of the selected title, these are available on a first come first serve basis for Bixby patrons to check out.
Bixby Movie Showings
On the first Friday of the month, Bixby hosts a movie night in the Community Room! Check the event calendar to find out what movie we will be showing (usually posted the week before). It’s typically a new release! We provide free popcorn and comfy chairs and couches. Feel free to bring in drinks and snacks. Please contact the Laksamee Putnam, email@example.com for more information.
The Bridge Club meets every Monday at 1:00pm in the library’s Otter Creek Room. The room is accessible from the ADA entrance, located behind the library.
Dave Sullivan will be available to schedule an appointment to help you with your technology questions. Contact Dave directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Bixby at (802) 877-2211 to set up an appointment.
The library is also available on a limited basis to provide books at elderly care facilities in the Addison Northwest District. Call for more information.
Read all about our museum and park passes on this page. All passes are in the name of the library and available for our registered patrons to borrow and return within a specified time. Call (802) 877-2211 for more information or to reserve one of the passes.
Links of Interest for Seniors
- AARP www.aarp.org
- Age Well www.agewellvt.org
- Benefits Check Up www.benefitscheckup.org
- Eldercare Locator www.eldercare.gov
- Family Caregiver Alliance www.caregiver.org
- Medicare www.medicare.gov
- National Council for Aging Care www.aging.com
- National Council on the Aging www.ncoa.org
- Senior Advisor Communities www.senioradvisor.com/community_properties/list/US/VT
- SeniorNet www.seniornet.org
- Sleep Guide for Seniors www.tuck.com/safe-sleeping-guide-for-seniors
- Vermont Health Dept. healthvermont.gov