Saturday, November 11 at 2 – 4pm
Discover the joys of sourdough with Eliza Hunter, an experienced practitioner, most recently of Berkshire Mountain Bakery.
- Overview a brief history of sourdough and the symbol and historical significance of bread.
- Talk about the health benefits and the things that set naturally-fermented dough apart from breads that use commercial and dry yeast.
- Go over the starter and bread making process and techniques.
- Demonstrate mixing a dough.
- Address how to take care of starter and what to do if it’s neglected/how to revive it.
- Taste samples of two different types of sourdough for people to try. Talk about the difference in flavor and texture etc.
Bring a mason jar or tupperware container to bring your own starter home with you.
Please register with Muir Haman at email@example.com or call 802-877-2211 to register.