Last Saturday, March 6th, over forty talented builders of all ages displayed their entries for the 3rd Annual LEGO Contest and Exhibit, co-hosted by the Bixby Library and the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Vergennes. Entrants and community member pods toured the creations displayed throughout several rooms at the Club during their pre-registered time slots. All were amazed at the ingenuity and impressive detail of tall buildings, moving animals, beach scenes, villages, creatures, spacecraft, a Little City diner (that we hope becomes a reality) and more.
Luckily, we did not have to make the final decision to identify a winner in each age group category – a very tall order. That responsibility went to our two fantastic judges, Lake Champlain Maritime Museum executive director Susan Evans McClure and Vergennes town manager Ron Redmond.
The judges handled their responsibility with careful consideration, both leaving a detailed note with their favorite aspects for each and every creation. After finishing their tour, they made the difficult decisions. We are pleased announce the following winners in each category:
- Preschool to Kindergarten: Evan Angier, “Rainbow Zoo”
- Kindergarten to 2nd Grade: Jackson Angier, “A Day at the Beach”
- 3rd through 5th Grade: Ella Bearor, “Little City Diner”
- 6th through 8th Grade: Jonathan Kehoe, “Kinetic Chicken”
- 9th through 12th Grade: Julian Andrus, “4TL4S”
- Mixed Grades: David & Caroline Larocque, “The School”
- Adult and Child: Lydia & Beth Bearor, “The Fancy House”
Congratulations to the winners and a big thank you to Judges Susan Evans McClure and Ron Redmond, and all our participants who made this event so special. And for more information on the event, and other pictures, please check out the article about the LEGO event in the March 11th issue of the Addison Independent.