The Bixby Library is seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic person to fill in for 6 months plus two-week transition periods (August 15, 2020 – March 15, 2021) while our current Adult Services Librarian is on parental leave.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, develops, and maintains all aspects of the Library’s adult collection, including audiovisual and electronic resources, using standard review sources and considering patron requests
- Manages cataloging/circulation needs (via Verso) and interlibrary loan services (via Clover) and trains adult volunteers to work with the library’s integrated library system (ILS)
- Plans, organizes, and facilitates library outreach programs for adults; collaborates with the Youth Services Librarian on young adult and intergenerational programming
- Collaborates with the Youth Services Librarian in collection development of the Library’s young adult materials
- Works with community organizations to increase outreach and collaboration
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services to patrons; responds to inquiries in person, by telephone, and electronically
- Performs similar or related work as required
- At least 1 year experience working within a public library in a collections and patron-oriented position
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills for the breadth of library communication channels (social, website, flyers, etc.)
- Highly effective collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment, with current and new volunteers and with other organizations in the community
- Knowledge of current trends in public libraries
- Ability to utilize technology to improve services and work processes
- Proficiency, familiarity, and willing to learn: Microsoft Office, G-Suite, integrated library systems (ILS), WordPress, Canva
- Positive, can-do attitude; love of libraries and commitment to our mission
- Verso, Clover, Beanstack, hoopla, GMLC
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Vermont History and/or museum archiving and digitization
30-35 Hours per week.
Please send cover letter and resume along with any questions you might have to director Catharine Hays at firstname.lastname@example.org.