The Bixby Memorial Free Library seeks an enthusiastic and versatile Assistant Director to work closely with the Director and staff to deepen and expand the impact we make in the lives of the five communities we serve.
Bixby Memorial Free Library Assistant Director
Summary: The Assistant Director’s primary role is to ensure the efficient and effective administration of the daily operations of the library. In addition, the Assistant Director will work closely with the Director and staff on enhancing and evolving the offerings, outreach and impact of the library in our communities.
Essential Job Functions in Collaboration with the Library Director:
- Creates and coordinates engaging, sharable content for the library’s communications platforms including the website, social media, newsletters, bulletins, flyers, reports, etc.
- Trains, schedules and supervises circulation desk volunteers
- Provides direct service to customers as needed
- Manages administrative functions and systems, including payroll, purchasing, invoicing, bill payment, and payroll
- Manages meeting room scheduling and logistics
- Tracks, records and reports library statistics
- Performs similar or related work as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Positive attitude, creativity and strong work ethic
- Ability to adjust and adapt as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized; able to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness
- Demonstrated facility, adaptability and ability to learn new computers, software, and applications
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently
- Good sense of humor
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of WordPress, website management and social media management
- Marketing and/or design experience including knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva
- QuickBooks, Google Suite, Slack
- Library and library systems experience
- Working towards MLS or certification or has an MLS
- Lives within the five communities we serve
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- Office operations and management
- Customer service experience
40 hours a week.
Physical Requirements: Work is performed under typical library and office conditions. Duties require intermittent light to moderate physical effort in carrying, lifting, or moving light-weight materials or equipment.
Please send a letter of interest, indicating how your qualifications match our requirements, a resume and any questions to email@example.com by July 24, 2020 for first consideration. Please put “Assistant Director” in the subject of your email.