You can also go to this Event Brite webpage to purchase tickets!
Can’t attend, but would still like to donate to the Bixby Library? Click here to make a donation to us expand our resources, programming and outreach to make a difference in people’s lives throughout our local communities.
About the Event
Join us on Friday, June 18th, 2021, from 7-11pm at the beautiful Bixby Library for the 2021 Gala: Here Comes the Sun!
It’s time to get dressed up, put on your dancing shoes, and have some fun. This will be an evening like no other featuring:
- Dancing to The Grift – “New England’s Best Band”
- Live and Silent Auctions with a spectacular array of distinctive items and experiences
- Appetizers created especially for the Bixby Gala by favorite chefs from local restaurants including Bar Antitode and Black Sheep Bistro
- Vermont’s original poutinerie, Maudite Poutine food cart
- Specialty cocktails created especially for the Bixby Gala featuring award-winning local spirits and ciders from Bar Hill, Whistle-Pig, Champlain Orchards and Woodchuck
- Desert creations by lu.lu and Daily Chocolate
- Professional event photographer, Billy Farrell
- Set design by Julie Jones, Malabar, and Abby Matson, Diddle and Zen
Tickets: $75.00 per person.
You can purchase your tickets at Malabar and Lulu’s in downtown Vergennes; as well as at the Bixby Library or online.
As our biggest fundraising event of the year, the Bixby Gala enables the library to ensure that we have the free and accessible resources and programming that our community members want and need at all ages and stages of life
Why the Bixby Library Gala
The Bixby Library continued to serve the needs of our community when forced to close the building last spring:
- We quickly expanded our digital offerings to serve people in the safety of their homes.
- Readers of all ages ordered books online to pick up in the vestibule
- We checked in on older patrons and delivered books to them
- We loaded our newsletter with updates and resources, increasing frequency to weekly
- Friends and families enjoyed a new outdoor movie night series over the summer
- We launched a StoryWalk trail along Otter Creek last fall, featuring delightful books
- Our treasured Historical Collections garnered further research and care
- We loaned snowshoes for the first time this winter
- Preschoolers and their caregivers delighted in weekly story times and monthly totes full of picture books
- We tripled attendance at Evening Programs that ranged from:
- “Sourdough Bread Making” with Brot Bakery to “Zero Waste Tips and Tricks”
- Charlie Nardozzi’s “No-Dig Gardening” to Caleb Kenna’s astounding “Drone Photography”
- “Bringing Your Casual Birding Up a Notch” with VT Audubon Society to “Writing Children’s Books” with local Author Angela Kunkel.
…and we have our sights set on doing even more as the sun begins to shine again!
Our aspirations at the library are growing as the needs and potential to serve the people in our community grows – at every stage of life and across all walks of life. Gathering place. Computers & Wi-Fi. Outreach beyond the building. Lending more than books. More programming. Care and access for our amazing historical collections. More digital resources to access from anywhere. And yes, more books
The Bixby Gala Committee and Board of Trustees deeply appreciate your support.
Bixby Memorial Free Library is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your contribution may be deductible as prescribed by law.
Become a Sponsor
Here comes the sun!
That’s the spirit of the 2021 Bixby Gala. We’re celebrating the reopening of the building to the public and our collective reemergence from darkness into light. It’s time to dance the night away again!
The Bixby Gala has become the biggest social event of the season and our most significant fundraiser. Though we added services and programming for all ages during the pandemic, we were forced to cancel last year’s gala, and we’re feeling a pent-up demand to step out! After a year cut off from friends, patrons, and loved ones, we’ve decided it’s time to cut up the dance floor! We hope this evening will be an outpouring of goodwill to give to this iconic library—the cultural gathering center of our five-town community—from the shores of Lake Champlain, through our Little City, across the farm-filled Valley to the rolling foothills of the Green Mountains.
We’d love to include your name as one of those who help to make the library and its resources accessible, meaningful, and bountiful for all.
Sponsors will be featured prominently via our social media, in all Bixby Gala evening materials, a full-page Addison Independent ad, and on a prominent poster in the library throughout the year. Sponsors can proudly message their support with a new window cling sign to let community members and visitors know how much you care about our beloved library.
Thank you for your generosity—past, present, and future. We look forward to seeing you at the Gala!
Questions? Suggestions? Want to be a sponsor? Contact Catharine Hays, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library at 802. 877.2211