The Bixby Library is currently offering remote services while we navigate the demands of Covid-19. We are bringing the library to you! If you would like help coordinating a digital space to meet with a group please contact us. We are available by email, live chat (in the corner during our normal business hours), or by phone (802-877-2211), please be patient and we will reach back out to you as soon as possible.
We have greatly increased our digital offerings. Please check out our online resources to check out all the ebooks, audiobooks, databases, and more that you can access with your Bixby Library card. Check our events calendar for virtual programming.
Reserve a Room
The Bixby offers three rooms that community members can reserve for use. If you need to host a workshop, meet with a client, or teach a class, then consider using one of the rooms at the Bixby! In addition to the space, we have tables, chairs, extension cords, a projector, and a projector screen that can be utilized. Please contact Becky Johnston at (802) 877-2211 or firstname.lastname@example.org for room availability and space needs. Patrons are welcome to come by and view the rooms in person to get a better understanding of the space.
Additionally, the Bixby Library is a public space where you can meet informally without making a reservation. See the bottom of the page for more details on using public space.
Rules and considerations:
- Rooms and facilities are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority always given to library events.
- All individuals or groups using Bixby space must abide by the library’s Patron Code of Conduct.
- The library recommends reserving rooms at least 48 hours in advance. Rooms reserved 48 hours or more in advance will be set up in the manner requested at time of reservation.
- Reservations may be scheduled for 12 consecutive sessions, after which a new reservation must be made.
- Generally, reservations must fit within Bixby Library open hours. Exceptions can be discussed but are not guaranteed.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify the library at least 24 hours in advance, or, if this is not possible, as soon as you are able. In the case of a missed reservation, all future reservations will be canceled until new arrangements are made.
- The library may close if there is a weather event (our general rule is if the schools are closed, so are we). If there is a closure, we will notify you by phone or email. It is then up to you to contact your event attendees.
- If appropriate, room use can be publicly posted to the library events calendar to help with marketing. Further marketing can be discussed upon reservation.
- No alcohol, smoking, or weapons are permitted in the building or on the grounds.
- Direct fundraising activities, solicitation, promotion, or sale of items or services are prohibited. The collection of dues for community groups is an exception to this rule.
- The parking lot directly behind the library is for patron use, and we ask that those expecting large groups for meetings or events be considerate of this. You may also find public parking on the street or along the town green. Please do not use the neighboring bank parking lot without making prior arrangements with People’s Bank.
A full description of the rules and expectations for reserving library facilities can be found in the library’s Building Use Policy.
Otter Creek Room
The Otter Creek Room (OCR) is located in the lower floor of the Bixby and is accessible from the parking lot located behind the library through the ADA entrance path. The room is just past the Book Sale rooms. There is a single public restroom and a small sink. The room can comfortably fit 25 people seated.
The Half-Round Room is located on the second floor of the Bixby. The second floor is ADA-accessible via chair lift. The room can comfortably fit 25 people seated. The wood tables must remain within the space, but can be shifted around within the room. There is a single public restroom attached to the room.
The Kerr Room is located on the second floor of the Bixby. The second floor is ADA-accessible via chair lift. The room can comfortably fit 15 people seated. The wood tables must remain within the space and can not be moved. The nearest bathroom can be found in the Half-Round Room next door, or down on the main level.
There are a number of spaces in the library which are public. This includes the Community Room and Vermont Room on the main floor, and the Half-Round Room and Kerr Room when there are no reservations. The public is welcome to hold informal meetings in these spaces and the occupancy is first come, first serve. However, if you have a group of over 10 people or plan to meet regularly, we do ask that you contact the library and let us know so we can be sure to accommodate you as best we can.
The information on this page applies to general building use during the library’s open hours. If you would like information on renting the library during closed hours for a private event, such as a wedding, shower or memorial, please review the Special Events portion of the library’s Building Use Policy, then contact Becky Johnston at (802) 877-2211 or email@example.com.