Reserve a Room
The public is welcome to hold informal meetings in the library’s public spaces and occupancy is first come, first serve. If you need to study, host a workshop, meet with a client, or take a Zoom call in a private setting, then consider reserving a room at the Bixby! The Bixby offers three rooms that community members can reserve for use. In addition to the space, we have tables, chairs, extension cords, a projector, and a projector screen that can be utilized.
Please complete the Room Request Form and a staff member will respond to you in 1-2 business days.
|Kerr Room||Located on the second floor and ADA-accessible via chair lift. One large conference table and work desk. The nearest restroom is in the Half-Round Room next door or on the main level.||Max capacity: 15|
|Half-Round Room||Located on the second floor and ADA-accessible via chair lift. One large conference table and two small tables. There is a single public restroom attached to the room.||Max capacity: 25|
|Otter Creek Room||Located in the library’s basement and ADA-accessible by the parking lot. Tables and chairs will be set up in the room according to your specifications. Access to one public restroom and kitchenette on this level.||Max capacity: 25|
Meeting Room Rules
A full description of the rules and expectations for reserving library facilities can be found in the library’s Building Use Policy.
Rules and Considerations:
- Rooms and facilities are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority always given to library events.
- All individuals or groups using Bixby space must abide by the library’s Patron Code of Conduct.
- The library recommends reserving rooms at least 48 hours in advance. Rooms reserved 48 hours or more in advance will be set up in the manner requested at the time of reservation.
- Reservations may be scheduled for 12 consecutive sessions, after which a new reservation must be made.
- Generally, reservations must fit within the Bixby Library’s open hours. Exceptions can be discussed but are not guaranteed.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify the library at least 24 hours in advance. In the case of a missed reservation, all future reservations will be canceled until new arrangements are made.
- The library may close if there is a weather event (our general rule is if the schools are closed, so are we). If there is a closure, we will notify you by phone or email. It is then up to you to contact your event attendees.
- If appropriate, room use can be publicly posted to the library events calendar to help with marketing. Further marketing can be discussed upon reservation.
- No alcohol, smoking, or weapons are permitted in the building or on the grounds.
- Direct fundraising activities, solicitation, promotion, or sale of items or services are prohibited. The collection of dues for community groups is an exception to this rule.
- The parking lot directly behind the library is for patron use, and we ask that those expecting large groups for meetings or events be considerate of this. You may also find public parking on the street or along the town green. Please do not use the neighboring bank parking lot without making prior arrangements with People’s Bank.
Special & Private Events
Looking for a unique venue for your next event? The Bixby Library can be rented for special and private events, like weddings, reunions, parties, and memorials. For information on how to book the Bixby for your event, please review the Special Events and Building Rental Agreement portions of the library’s Building Use Policy and then fill out our Special Event Request Form.
Please contact Amber Lay, Assistant Director, at (802) 877-2211 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.