Employment and Career Resources
- ELMI Business Finder: locate businesses and contact information.
- Learning Express Library: career preparation, college test prep, high school equivalency center, student
- O*Net: an occupational data and job search tool.
- Vermont Small Business Development Center: free expert assistance for small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Vermont Workforce Development: resources for jobseekers in Vermont.
Health & Wellness
- AA – Area 70 Vermont: Alcoholics Anonymous Area 70 covers the entire state of Vermont.
- Age Well: Committed to helping individuals age well, Age Well reduces barriers by providing access to healthy meals, in-home care, and community resources.
- Counseling Service of Addison County: a local community mental health center located in Middlebury, VT.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Vermont: NAMI Vermont supports, educates, and advocates so that all communities, families, and individuals affected by mental health challenges can build better lives.
- Open Door Clinic: a free health clinic located in Middlebury, VT, for uninsured and under-insured adults in Addison County, Vermont.
- Resources for Resiliency – Addison County Area Community Resource Guide: a comprehensive resource guide that includes information about a range of supports available in the Addison County area, including mental health, substance misuse treatment, food resources, housing, transportation, and more.
- The Women’s Center: a free clinic located in Middlebury, VT, for unplanned pregnancy services.
- Turning Point Center of Addison County: a recovery center that provides a safe, friendly, and substance-use-free environment where all people in recovery, and their families and friends, can meet for peer-to-peer recovery support, social activities, recovery coaching, education, and advocacy.
- Vermont Alcohol and Drug Information Clearinghouse: free publications and resources.
- VTHelplink: a statewide, public resource for finding substance use treatment and recovery services in Vermont.
- DigitalLearn.org: a collection of self-directed tutorials for end-users to increase their digital literacy. Feedback from public library staff directed Public Library Association to develop courses on the most basic skills, such as using a computer, navigating a website, and searching. Modules are video-based with narration, 6 to 22 minutes long, and help learners practice skills like using a mouse and setting up passwords. Nearly all modules are available in Spanish as well as English.
Vermont Migrant Worker Resources
- Addison County Farmworkers Coalition: The Coalition’s goal is to promote the well-being of farms and farmworkers (especially undocumented workers).
- Migrant Justice: Their mission is to build the voice, capacity, and power of the farmworker community and engage community partners to organize for economic justice and human rights.
- Open Door Clinic (Middlebury, VT): a free health clinic for uninsured and under-insured adults in Addison County, Vermont.
- Vermont Migrant Education Program: provides free educational support services to eligible children of families that relocate in order to obtain seasonal or temporary employment in agriculture and to eligible out-of-school youth that has moved to obtain seasonal or temporary agricultural employment.
Local Organization Calendars
Other Local Resources
- Addison County Solid Waste Management District: details about programs and services, District news and publications, and practical information to help you properly recycle or dispose of household and business wastes.
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Vergennes: youth from Vergennes, Addison, Panton, Waltham, and Ferrisburgh in grades 4 – 12 can join the Club free of charge.
- United Way of Addison County: focus on health, education, and financial stability to improve lives and strengthen Addison County.
- Vermont 211: a free, confidential information and referral program of the United Ways of Vermont, helping to connect Vermonters with a wide range of community, health, and human resources and services.
- Vermont Department of Public Services: Public WiFi hotspot locations in Vermont.
- Vermont Department of Taxes: file taxes, find tax forms, and check rates.