The Bixby Library is currently offering remote services while we navigate the demands of Covid-19. We are bringing the library to you! We are available by email, live chat (in the corner during our normal business hours), or by phone (802-877-2211), please be patient and we will reach back out to you as soon as possible.
We have greatly increased our digital offerings. Please check out our online resources to check out all the ebooks, audiobooks, databases, and more that you can access with your Bixby Library card. Check our events calendar for virtual programming.
As Vermont reopens many museums and parks are reopening as well. Put a pass on hold 48 hours in advance and pickup on Tuesday 10-5 or Saturday 10-2 and have the pass for 3 days, then it must be returned so we can quarantine it. Passes are available on a 1st come 1st served basis and we cannot schedule a hold for a specific time period. Please check that the museum or park you are visiting is open before you go, some are operating at limited hours, by appointment or are remaining closed through the summer.
Currently available passes below:
Museum & Park Pass information
The passes below are what we usually offer, currently only the passes listed above are available. But keep an eye on our page and check out the websites below for more information on the venues.
- Birds of Vermont Museum in Huntington
- Echo Science Center and Aquarium in Burlington
- Education and Enrichment for Everyone in South Burlington
- Lake Champlain Maritime Museum in Ferrisburgh
- Rokeby Museum in Ferrisburgh
- Shelburne Farms (2) in Shelburne
- Shelburne Museum in Shelburne
- Vermont Historic Sites around the state
- Vermont Historical Society Museum in Montpelier and Leahy Library in Barre
- Vermont Institute of Natural Science in Quechee
- Vermont Granite Museum in Barre
- Vermont State Parks around the state
The Passes available to Library patrons provide free or reduced entry to these locations. For the most accurate information about hours of operation, special events, and current exhibits, patrons may wish to check online.
Passes may be borrowed for 3 days, and may not be renewed. A $10 fee is assessed for each day the pass is returned late. Lost passes have a replacement cost of $100.
For further information call the circulation desk at 802-877-2211. If a pass is not picked up the hold will be cancelled to make the pass available to others.