Volunteers give generously of their time and talents and work several hours every week at Bixby Library. Volunteer responsibilities may include assisting at the circulation desk and/or tackling a variety of tasks that are necessary to maintain library services. We’d love you to join us and help to provide essential services and connections with people in our five towns. Scroll down the page to see pictures of our volunteers in action!
Let us know if you’d like to volunteer by filling out the form below! In addition to volunteering, other ways to provide service to the library include the Friends of the Bixby Library or the Bixby Trustee Board.
How can you continue to help keep the Bixby Library alive in the community while the building is closed?
Remember, even though the library building is closed, we still have so much to offer and are ready to help our community. You can become a great ambassador for sharing information about resources that people can access and enjoy from home. So here are some ways for you to safely connect with your networks to make sure the Bixby is reaching as many people as possible.
- Follow us on Facebook and share/like/comment on posts that we create. We post at least once a day so there is always something new! And help us get to 1000 followers! We have set our goal to get as many followers as the Ilsley Library in Middlebury since our served population size is about the same.
- Check out the library event calendar. Register for all events that interest you! Let your friends, neighbors, and others know about the calendar and any specific events you think they might like. You can also email Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org with any ideas for programs for adults, or people you think she should connect with about programming virtually.
- Try using GMLC and Hoopla. If you would like a quick tutorial or have questions/issues, just send them to Ashley at email@example.com. The more familiar you are with the digital resources, the more comfortable you will feel telling others about them. Do any of your friends have questions? Send them to the library! That’s what we are here for.
- Come say hi to Becky, DeAnna, or Laksamee through the “We are here! Let’s Chat!” button on the bottom right of the library home page. The chat option will appear during “normal” business hours, so let others know that it is just like going to the Circulation Desk for help.
- Suggest titles for purchase. As soon as we can order books again, we want to make sure we are ready to get the most recent titles that you have had your eye on, so please send us your suggestions and why you think they’d be popular!