Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
If the Bixby does not own a copy of the item you’d like to borrow, we may be able to obtain it for you via interlibrary loan. This free service enables us to borrow books from libraries around Vermont and, in some cases, nationwide.
- Only patrons who are residents of Addison, Ferrisburgh, Panton, Vergennes, or Waltham may request interlibrary loan items. If you are a Homecard user, you must request ILL items through your home library.
- Requests typically take 1-2 weeks to receive but can sometimes take 2-4 weeks for hard-to-find or popular items.
- Brand new publications are not immediately available via ILL; consider requesting that the Bixby purchase the title if it came out in the last year.
- You will receive a phone call or email when the item has arrived. Renewals of interlibrary loans are at the discretion of the home library and must be arranged through the Bixby’s circulation staff. Items will be held at the Circulation Desk for two weeks.
How to place a request
- First, please ensure that the Bixby does not already own a copy of the title you are looking for by searching the catalog.
- Place your ILL request through Clover online or call the Bixby at (802) 877-2211 to speak with a librarian.
- To use Clover, please log in with your Bixby library card number.
- To request an item from out-of-state, please call us at (802) 877-2211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vermont Department of Libraries Support
Interlibrary Loans are made possible in part by a grant from the VT Department of Libraries. We are grateful for this financial support which helps to cover the cost of Courier Services to safely and securely move books between libraries.