Inter Library Loan (ILL)
If the Bixby does not own a copy of the material you want, we may be able to borrow it for you via inter library loan. This free service enables us to borrow books from libraries around Vermont and, in some cases, nation-wide.
- Only patrons who are residents of Addison, Ferrisburgh, Panton, Vergennes, or Waltham may request inter library loan items. If you are a Homecard user, you must request ILL through your home library
- Requests can take up to 3 weeks to arrive at the Bixby, but may take longer
- You are limited to requesting 3 items at a time
- Brand new publications are often not immediately available via ILL, consider requesting the Bixby purchase the title if it came out in the last year
- Currently due to Covid-19, we are not accepting multi-copy requests for book clubs, individual patrons must request items to confirm availability
- After your request is placed, we will notify you within 1 week once we have either placed the request or if we were unable to locate your item
- You will receive a phone call or email when the item has arrived. Renewals of inter library loans are at the discretion of the home library and must be arranged through the Bixby’s circulation staff.
How to place a request
- First, please make sure the Bixby does not already own a copy of the title you are looking for. Check the catalog and our e-resources, GMLC and hoopla. If the library already has a copy (physical or digital), even if it is currently in use, you will be asked to use that copy.
- Fill out the online request form below, or call the Bixby during business hours to speak with someone to place a request 802-877-2211
- If you have questions about inter library loan, please email Ashley Bolger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vermont Department of Libraries Support
InterLibrary Loans are made possible in part by a grant from the VT Department of Libraries. We are grateful for this financial support which helps to cover the cost of Courier Services to safely and securely move books between libraries.