Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
If the Bixby does not own a copy of the material you want, we may be able to borrow it for you via interlibrary loan. This free service enables us to borrow books from libraries around Vermont and, in some cases, nationwide.
- Only patrons who are residents of Addison, Ferrisburgh, Panton, Vergennes, or Waltham may request interlibrary loan items. If you are a Homecard user, you must request ILL through your home library.
- Requests can take up to three weeks to arrive at the Bixby, but may take longer.
- You are limited to requesting three items at a time.
- Brand new publications are often not immediately available via ILL; consider requesting the Bixby purchase the title if it came out in the last year.
- After your request is placed, we will notify you within one week once we have either placed the request or if we were unable to locate your item.
- You will receive a phone call or email when the item has arrived. Renewals of interlibrary loans are at the discretion of the home library and must be arranged through the Bixby’s circulation staff.
How to place a request
- First, please ensure the Bixby does not already own a copy of the title you are looking for. Check the catalog and our e-resources, GMLC and hoopla. If the library already has a copy (physical or digital), even if it is currently in use, you will be asked to use that copy.
- Fill out the online request form below, or call the Bixby at (802) 877-2211 to place a request.
Vermont Department of Libraries Support
Interlibrary Loans are made possible in part by a grant from the VT Department of Libraries. We are grateful for this financial support which helps to cover the cost of Courier Services to safely and securely move books between libraries.