What is GMLC?
The Green Mountain Library Consortium (GMLC) is a Vermont library consortium that provides libraries and their patrons with access to ebooks and audiobooks. You can access GMLC content in three ways: through your computer, the Libby app, or the Palace app. GMLC does not have shared content from Hoopla and Kanopy, and there are additional resources in Palace that cannot be found in GMLC.
How do I log in to GMLC?
- From your computer, go to the GMLC website. In the upper right of the website, click “Sign in”
- Then choose Bixby Memorial Library from the drop-down menu that appears
- You will be asked to enter your library barcode and PIN/password. After entering it, click “Login”
- You are now logged into the GMLC website. You can use your computer to check out and read items.
- Download the Libby app to your smart device (Apple App Store, Google Play, Windows Store)
- Once you open the app, it should walk you through adding your library card. If it does not, or you have trouble, these are the steps to take
- Click the Libby icon and see two options that say “Add Library Card” and “Add Library”
- Click “Add Library” and search for Bixby, then click into the Green Mountain Library Consortium.
- Go back and choose the “Add Library Card” option, now it will ask you to confirm that you want to use Bixby Memorial Library as your library card.
- Enter your library barcode and PIN/password. After entering it, click “Login”
- The window will close and you are now logged into Libby.
What is my Bixby library PIN/password?
Your username is the barcode on your library card, this is the full code (letters and numbers) on the back of your library card. Please note this barcode starts with the number “2” and the letters “VSQI”.
The default password for your account is the last four digits of your library card barcode. Before using this in GMLC, we strongly recommend changing your password to make your account more secure.
Forgot your password, or want to change it? Go to the library catalog and click “Forgot your Password”, then enter your library barcode. A password reset will be emailed to you.
If you do not know your library barcode or password, or have any trouble, please contact the library at (802) 877-2211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I borrow GMLC items?
Depending on the device you are using to view the Green Mountain Library Consortium (GMLC) collection, finding ebooks/audiobooks to check out and download can be slightly different. However, they all have the same general features. These features are highlighted below:
- You are limited to three items at a time.
- Use the search bar to find the title you would like to borrow. You can filter by items available now. Once you have found an available item and want to check out, look for a “Borrow” option.
- If the item is not currently available, you can place a hold. You will receive an email when the item becomes available for checkout. Make sure your account has a current email address.
- Depending on the format of the item, you can open the ebook/audiobook within the app, within a browser, or send it to a different reader, such as Kindle, to be consumed there. This may require you to download and link additional apps to your account.
- You can view your loans by viewing your account. Your digital loans shelf will allow you to download your items or return them if you are done earlier than your checkout time frame and want to send items back so you can check out more.
- There are pros and cons to using a web browser, the Libby app, and the Palace app. We suggest trying all three to figure out which one best serves your needs. We understand the interfaces can be confusing, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance at 802-877-2211 or email email@example.com.