Bixby Library Code of Conduct
The Bixby Library Board of Directors is committed to providing a clean, safe and pleasant place for its patrons and guests.
The Bixby Library Code of Conduct is intended to encourage behavior that supports this and the library’s desire to provide library resources in a vibrant, welcoming environment.
The Board expects library visitors to treat all people and property with respect. Behavior which interferes with this intent, impinges on the rights of others, causes damage to the building or equipment or is hazardous to self or to others is not permitted. Those unable to comply will be required to leave library property.
- As a general rule, talking should be kept at appropriate levels. Please use cell phones in a responsible and considerate manner. Headphones are required for all audio.
- Closed-top beverages and food are permitted on a limited basis and should be consumed in a considerate and responsible manner.
- Patrons are responsible for their own belongings.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on library property, indoors and outdoors.
- Animals are not permitted in the library with the exception of service animals as defined by ADA 28 C.F.R. 36.104 or those authorized by prior arrangement.
- Weapons are not permitted on library property.
- Selling or soliciting for contributions is prohibited, except as authorized.
- Patrons are expected to avoid all abusive language and any misconduct as described in the Bixby Library Harassment Policy.
- Seek below carding forum presently.
- Patrons experiencing disruptive behavior are asked to alert library staff rather than attempting to correct another patron’s behavior.
Approved by trustees November 9, 2015