- This event has passed.
Bixby Library Craft Swap (Secret Santa)
January 1 - January 14
Calling all crafters! Love crafting and love seeing others enjoy what you make? Thinking about starting a hobby in the new year? Join the Winter Craft Swap where you will be partnered with another crafter in Addison County! All skill levels encouraged!
Make your partner a custom craft, while they do the same for you! All crafting mediums welcome – knitting, crocheting, sewing, candle making, pottery, scrapbooking, needle felting, etc. The sky’s the limit! Register here: https://forms.gle/dvHGvoPX244xcfBv8
We ask that you craft TWO small items or ONE medium sized item
- Large = A clothing item, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
- Medium = A scarf, a wallet, a set of notecards (4), a reusable shopping bag
- Small = A piece of jewelry, a bookmark, a washcloth, a facemask, a small candle
Please note that a library staff person will be in touch with you between January 15-28 to assign your partner. You will have the month of February to craft. Please drop your completed craft off to Laksamee at Bixby Library between March 1st-8th (or earlier). You will receive the craft from your partner between March 8th-15th. A library staff person will send email reminders along the way. Please ensure that crafts do not exceed the size of a standard tote box (28” x 17” x 15″).
*Should a partner not complete a craft, an alternate partner will be arranged. Should multiple partners not complete a craft, individuals may be paired with one another. Pre-completed crafts will be used in reassignments (no need to make an entirely new craft!).
- Registration: January 1-14
- Partner Assigned: January 15-28
- Crafting: Whole month of February
- Craft Due: March 1st-8th (or earlier)