- This event has passed.
Magicians Without Borders Public Presentation
August 1, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Magicians Without Borders, a nonprofit run by husband and wife team Tom Verner and Janet Fredericks, has a big mission—to entertain, educate, and empower the world’s forgotten children through the art of magic.
They are looking for support for an upcoming magical undertaking at the U.S.-Mexico border—a poignant example of their remarkable work with refugee and orphan children around the world.
They are planning two more trips to the border over the next few months. Friends and neighbors who have been touched by their vision for a compassionate future are seeking donations to help fund these trips.
· Funds raised will go directly towards airfare, accommodations, a rental car, and food.
· Each trip will be approximately 10 days in length and will include 2–3 detention-center visits per day.
· They will perform in all the shelters in and around Juarez and El Paso, on both sides of the border, including the center in Clint, Texas, which we hear so much about in the news.
· They will perform in over 20 Annunciation House shelters, each housing at least 100 asylum-seeking migrants released from ICE detention. Tom and Janet have a wonderful connection with Annunciation House, which loves having them perform for their migrants. One of the nuns at Annunciation said to them after a performance, “I have never heard the halls of our shelter filled with such laughter.”
· If time permits, they will do impromptu performances on the streets of Juarez. On past trips, they have done many of these, as well as performances in prisons and day care centers for the children of the women who work in the factories in Juarez.
Interested in learning more about their mission? Visit their GoFundMe page or website for more information.
This event is geared more towards adults and will be part performance/part presentation. They would love to have raised all $5,000 for thier trip by this presentation so please donate and share if you can.